HERES A FEW FAQ
*Please note all stylists have met all required qualifications and have signed an agreement prior to chair booking and fully understand salon policies regarding, salon conduct, appearance and professionalism.
- How many days ahead do I have to book a chair? Minimum 48 hours (we recommend 72 hours or more to prepare your clients and promote yourself)
- Can I book different salons in the same week? Yes
- Do I have to be a licensed professional? Yes. (No exceptions)
- Do I need insurance? Yes, all stylist must provide proof of insurance. If you don't we will recommend a company for you. Salon owners should have insurance as well.
- Do I bring all of my own products and supplies? Yes. If Salon owner chooses to provide certain supplies that will be explained before arriving. All chemicals must be provided by the freelancer.
- Do I have to book for the entire day or can I do half day? This is something that we are flexible with based on the salon owners preference.
- If a freelancer goes over their time booked what is the procedure? There will be a $15 inconvenience fee charged to the freelancer.
- Do I the Salon owner provide products and supplies? It is up to you what perks you would like to provide to gain an Open Chair following. But no owners are required to provide any products or supplies besides towels and the station.
- Is Open Chair for only Hairstylists? As of now we are focused on Hairstylist, Open Chair will be a platform for Hairstylist, Barbers, Nail Techs, MUA and Spa providers in the future.